THE HISTORY OF SAN JOSE CITY COLLEGE
Opening its door in September 1921, San Jose City College is one of the oldest community colleges in California. SJCC has delivered its educational mission with integrity and vitality, growing into a world-class institution serving approximately ten thousand students each semester.
Located close to California’s Silicon Valley, the college offers all the benefits of being close to the world’s hub of technological innovation and entrepreneurship. San Jose City College currently serves the Milpitas, San Jose, and other surrounding communities and serves approximately 10,000 students per semester.
OUR TRACK RECORD
- We are the oldest Community College in Santa Clara County.
- We have one of the highest transfer rates, per every 100 students, in the Bay Area to four-year universities.
- 2016-17 SJCC grads are transferring to 8 UC and 8 CSU campuses and nearly a dozen private universities including Stanford and Santa Clara.
- We are one of California’s top transfer colleges to San Jose State University.
- In 2016-17, SJCC awarded 1,030 degrees and certificates.
WHY SJCC IS UNIQUE
- We are a Top Latino-Serving Institution with excellent programs like EOPS and METAS helping to guide all students to academic success.
- We offer the whole college experience with tons of unique opportunities to get involved at SJCC!
- We offer 68 Degrees and Certificates, including amazing Career Technology Programs.
- We have a growing transfer rate to Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- We have a legendary athletics program that has produced, championship teams, professional athletes, and numerous Olympic athletes.
- We have a brand new tech-enabled Extension in Milpitas, featuring our brand new technest Coding Program.