Trying to Figure Out How to Afford College?
The answer is San José City College! From here you can transfer to many excellent 4-year colleges and universities. You may not know it, but SJCC offers the following:
- Low or no cost tuition. First-time, full-time college students pay no tuition or fees. If you’re paying full tuition the cost is just $46 a unit. Check out this video to see how first-time full-time students can save big by transferring to Cal State and UC campuses.
- Zero placement tests are needed at SJCC. A recent state law AB 705 eliminated placement tests, except for ESL programs, for all California Community Colleges. No Accuplacer, SAT, ACT exams are required. By transferring to a 4-year college from SJCC, you will never need to take College Board exams.
- Guaranteed transfers to Cal State and UC campuses, and many private universities. SJCC has nearly two dozen ADTs (Associate Degrees for Transfer) to the California State University and guaranteed transfers to select University of California campuses, and many private universities.
- Free loaner laptops for all student who require them.
- Free tutoring through our Learning Resource Center and METAS program, and excellent support services.
- Free loaner textbooks and eTextbooks for many courses.
- Free groceries at our Jaguar Market when we return to campus. In the meantime, we have free grocery drive-throughs the second and fourth Wednesdays of every month.
- An excellent academic institution. We are fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC), Western Association of Schools and Colleges, which accredits community colleges and other associate degree-granting institutions in the Western region of the U.S.
As you can see, the value is unbeatable. Let’s face it. Employers and grad schools look at your Bachelor’s Degree, not the community college you attended. That’ll be our secret. But we can guarantee that you will always be proud to be a Jaguar! Learn more about us at www.SJCC.edu.